Meet Ms Shanti Raghavan, who has created a big empire of worriers who really are struggling to fight for their life to survive a simple life.By overcoming hurdles which stops them from being normal. She is the one who really thought of doing something for them which is impossible or might be out of their reach or their limit.
Some of you might have heard of Enable India, for those who don’t, let me tell you it’s a vision empowerment, the soul and a ray of hope for the people who are differently abled.Yes, that’s true Miss Shanti Raghavan who has the vision to make each and every person who is said to be unfit for the IT companies to work for.she made them labelled and she made them enabled.she is the one who invented the talent right from the people who have got rejected for being unfit.
She then thought of opening an NGO from which she can make them unable to enable, then comes the name Enable India.
- Shanti Raghavan holds a bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering (B.E) from V.E.S.I.T, Mumbai University and master’s degree (M.S) in Computer Science from Monmouth University, New Jersey, USA.
- She has 12 years experience in the software industry. At New Jersey USA she worked with AT&T, Lucent Technologies and ADP Brokerage Information Services Group. After her return to India in 1997, she worked with CyberCash India Pvt. Ltd, Tarang Technologies and GE Aircraft Engines IT, as Program Manager / Engineering Manager
- She also has teaching experience, having worked as a lecturer at V.E.S.I.T, Mumbai for a year and as a teaching assistant at Monmouth University for two years. She has been teaching part-time for over six years.
Click for more – http://www.enableindia.org
Her mission and vision will make you numb, she wanted to make all the persons be in focus, in her view no one is disabled, everyone has their own talent, which she wanted to extract from them. She created a route map for them to travel and look around the world which were unaware of.
To Shanti Raghavan, disability isn’t the problem; lack of solutions that work for people with disabilities and enabling them to contribute on par with the abled – is the problem. Her co-founded non-profit, EnAble India, trains and makes employable people with disabilities, builds capacity within businesses to facilitate the employment of the disabled, and creates workplace solutions that empower the disabled. Shanti’s take on enabling India’s disabled is refreshing and inspiring.
Shanti Raghavan brings her corporate experience and program management to the development sector. She has rich grassroots experience in livelihoods of persons with disability for over 16 years. Her single-minded focus is combined with infectious energy and a sense of humour. She is an Ashoka fellow, a social entrepreneur, a change agent who is able to inspire and build synergies between different stakeholders with her mantra “I see me in you”. She is on the governing council of Skill Council for Persons with Disability. Shanti loves trekking, sports, music, dance, travel, doing mimicry and much more!
Shanti Raghavan’s achievements are uncountable.
- She was awarded the best individual working for the cause of persons with disabilities by the ministry of social justice and empowerment on December 3rd on world disability day, in the year 2017.
- finalist – Indian Social Entrepreneur Of The Year. Schwab Foundation (World Economic Forum), Jubilant Bhartia Foundation October 2016-Awarded by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari
- Best NGO Award by State Govt of Karnataka in December 2015
Presented by Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment (Karnataka), Smt Umashree
- Times Now Global Amazing Indian
- Times Now and Mahindra RISE February 2012
Presented by President Pranab Mukherjee (then Finance Minister)
- National Award, Central Government Of India, Social Justice Ministry in December 2010
Presented by President Pratibha Patil for employment of persons with disability
- Ashoka Fellow, Ashoka Foundation, August 2005
Awarded by Ashoka foundation to social entrepreneurs who bring about large-scale social change
- NCPEDP Shell Hellen Keller Award, NCPEDP and Shell, December 2005, Awarded by HRD Minister Arjun Singh.
- South Asia Pacific Manthan Award for ICT Innovation, Digital Empowerment Foundation 2010.
This award is for the innovative ERP software created by Enable India to manage the workflow and holistic employment of persons with disability
- Karmaveer Puraskar
- NAB Triloknath Award December 2014
This award was presented for enabling persons with vision impairment especially in the field of digital empowerment and employment in private sector.
- Shanti has received the National Award for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, 2010. The award was conferred by H.E. The President of India in December 2010. (for more information visit http://www.socialjustice.nic.in/ )
- She has been selected as a fellow of the Ashoka Foundation ( www.ashoka.org ) . Ashoka fellowship is awarded to Social Entrepreneurs who have innovative and practical ideas for solving social problems. The foundation believes in investing in social entrepreneurs who are practical visionaries whose drive and creativity have the potential to bring about large-scale social change.